Monday, January 11, 2010

A Gift From the Heart

Nothing marks the entry of a precious new baby in the world like making it official...with a name.

I went to my dear friend Carolina's baby shower yesterday to celebrate with friends and family the anticipated entry of Austin Kenneth into this world. So much fun it is to feel the movement in mama's belly, ooh and aah over onesies with puppy dogs and footballs, and see tears of joy and excitement for what is soon to come.

Now I know that the cost of diapers for a newborn is astronomical and a new mother can take what help she can get, but I like to give something that will last longer than you can say "blow-out."


For Austin, I made a quilt with his name on it.


Patchwork front in stimulating colors, appliqued name, soft minky back.




Yay! I think she liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment